Above Iffley Lock, 2007. Iffley Church
Left west bank with moorings for small boats (and then lock layby).
There is no access to the Isis Tavern except along the river - on foot or afloat.
1800?: Isis Tavern built as a farmhouse.
1840s: Farmhouse became a hotel / tavern.
1875: Isis Hotel, Henry Taunt -
Isis Hotel, Henry Taunt, 1875
© Oxfordshire County Council Photographic Archive; HT01009
Notice the haystack on the left west bank at Haystacks Corner (more or less on the site
of the Isis Boathouse).
1998: Isis Tavern was renovated - and not before time IMHO.
Isis Tavern 2007 -
Isis Tavern 2007