Temple footbridge has the long distance Thames Path to thank for its existence.
At the time the path was established a detour through Bisham was necessary rather than following the Thames.
This was rectified in May 1989 by the opening of the bridge which was built on the site of the former ferry.
[ Replacing Temple Ferry which operated until 1953 ]
1901: The Thames Illustrated by John leland -
Temple House, on the backwater behind the lock, the seat of General Owen Williams, is a mansion well known on the Thames for the great beauty of the trees amid which it is embowered.
1999: Temple Footbridge -
Temple Footbridge 1999